This has been a pretty good week for sorting my stuff out, even if I haven’t drawn as much as I wanted. So this is the best thing I’ve drawn to date.
What next? if we’re continuing to focus on faces I get some feedback from a few places. Which I will now recite as my homework in the hopes it sinks in.
- The hair is smushy and lazy, yes it is.
- The hairline needs work
- some edges are fuzzy, the barrier between face and hair for example should be sharper.
- the hair highlights should probably be more yellow, ginger hair highlights go yellow thanks to http://www.sycra.net/forum user Greyphon for this example highlighting this
- More contrast particularly in the hair (I do wash things out badly). Be braver with occlusion shadows.
- forehead perhaps not symmetrical
- also I had 2 different light sources and I forgot to colour the hair accordingly.
So I think that’s all the crit I got back from this image and it’s all valid and helpful. I will try harder on the next one.
I still struggle joining the legs to pelvis but I’m doing a ton of gesture/figures with a 2 min time limit and that is going well. I’ll post some before and afters soon because I think my gestures are improving along with my anatomy.
Stay awesome internet.